About Me

Tucson, AZ, United States
Fifteen years old and aspiring molecular gastronomist, soon to be sophomore, and soccer player.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

There's a first time for everything...

So tonight, June 12th, 2011, was the first time I ever tried fish. Crazy right? Growing up a picky eater, I got into the terrible habit of not trying new things. I am now kicking that habit and putting my tongue out there to experience new things. Well earlier today my mom suggested that we have salmon for dinner, so I immediately jumped on that opportunity and started planning the meal right away. After pondering for a while, I decided on a grilled salmon with a chive and lemon aioli, sauteed green beans with a white balsamic beurre blanc, and a brie and parmesan pan-fried polenta cake. It turned out delicious, and we even had home made strawberry banana snowcones for desert. I am very happy i finally tried salmon, and I look forward to trying more things as I move along, especially while I'm in Seattle!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I just got a huge piece of sockeye salmon at the house this morning. We will definitely enjoy it while you are here in Seattle! - Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. and if it makes you feel any better, I just had Salmon for the first time last Aug. 24th when Maria Hines cooked it at my house. Start with the best I guess! Now I'm a huge fan as well. Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo! That salmon will be very much enjoyed. I remember you posting about that, wish I could've been there!

    ReplyDelete